6.17.2010

Food Filled

I've got a lot going on in the next few days.

First, a little recap. Michael and I went to Cretia's last night for dinner, and I have to say, I was a little underwhelmed. (http://www.cretias.com/mckinney/index.html) I had heard nothing but yummy things from my friends about their cupcakes and other menu items. Michael got the West Texas Wedge salad with candied walnuts and bleu cheese dressing. The walnuts were the only memorable part. I got the house salad, which came with field greens, roasted beets, grapefruit slices and feta cheese. Sounds like a winnning combination, right? It turned out to be just "blah." Later, we split their burger, which was cooked to our liking, and had delicious grilled onions on top. For dessert, we had their cupcake and champagne choice. It was the one thing I wanted to try before I made my final decision on Cretia's. Nail in the coffin. The cupcake was just a plain, four-inch, buttery cupcake with almond-extract in the vanilla icing. Lame. The Champagne was decent, but I just couldn't get over the cupcake let-down. Sprinkles still takes the cupcake.


After work today I decided to have some "me" time, and sit by the pool while reading. It was a nice treat.

Tomorrow, I am meeting Sarah for a pedicure and a chat. It will be nice to catch up! Then we're going to get our free lunches from work, and take them to have a coffee at Pearl Cup. We're doing it up!

Then I need to stop by Whole Foods to pick up items for that night's dinner. We're having Michael's parents, sister and cousin over. I'm making that Chicken Delmonico, since it went over so well last time, and garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, and wheat rolls. I'm going to stop by Nothing Bundt Cakes to get a couple little bundts for dessert. It will be a perfect meal.

Sunday evening, Michael and I are taking my dad to Fogo de Chao for a combination gift. Last year, we were going to go to Fogo de Chao, but our trip to Las Vegas got in the way. So, we're rescheduling for this year, and giving him a Home Depot gift card. WHAT he will do with that is anyone's guess, but I know he'll be thrilled to have it! Also, endless MEAT! :)

Have a good Father's Day weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!