5.10.2009

This Weekend - May 8-10th

This weekend was great! I got to do a lot of fun things and meet/see people!


Friday
Michelle, Corban, Michael and I went to see Ted Allen at Taste Addison on Friday night. We weren't able to hear most of his Robert Mondavi presentation because of the gobs of people drinking wine and yacking away, but what I did hear was good. He made a shrimp scampi with a zucchini salad. He then talked about Chopped and Top Chef for the next thirty minutes. Apparently, he left Top Chef because Food Network offered him several shows.
Michelle and I "rushed the stage" to see him after his presentation, and above is my crappy resolution Blackberry photo that she was kind enough to take for me. He was sociable, and had plenty to talk about. He talked a lot about himself, but why wouldn't he - he's Ted Allen!


Saturday
We travelled to Sherman for Mother's Day, Prom, Dinner and Cellarman's. We went to see my Grandma, Granny, Mom and Martie. We stayed at Michael's parent's home to prep Amanda for Prom. She asked if I would do her hair and makeup, and below is a picture of the back of her hair.

Then, she asked Michael to put on her shoes:
BAD idea. Like he knows how to put a strappy shoe on a girl's foot - and carefully! haha!


Then, later, we went to City Limits with my parents for dinner. Great food. Greasy, but great. My mom and I both got burgers, and Dad and Michael got the chicken fried steak. YUM.


After that, we met up with a bunch of people to have drinks at Cellarman's Pub. I am a HUGE fan of the Spinach Artichoke dip there, so I have to get it every time. I think I need to post a review on TripAdvisor about it, actually!



Sunday
We spent the night in Sherman (of course...) and my mom made us breakfast before we left. Since then, we've made cheesecake! and will have pictures soon. I have no idea why we decided to make cheesecake, but we did! It's a Tyler's Ultimate recipe, so we'll see if it's an Oates Ultimate!

UPDATE: Had the cheesecake, and it was good. I'm not sure it was the "ultimate" cheesecake, but good nonetheless. Definately worth trying! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/the-ultimate-cheesecake-recipe/index.html (minus the lemon-blueberry topping)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!