1.08.2010

Birthday So Far

I know my birthday just started today at 4:02 am, but I started celebrating Wednesday morning. Wondering why I know I was born at 4:02 am? My mom called this morning to remind me! :) (Not at 4:02)


Michael presented me something early for my birthday. A whistling tea pot/kettle:

We drink tea all of the time now! A little tea-wisdom: Loose-leaf is awesome, but bags are easier!

Michelle came over for birthday prep, and we had a BLAST. Pedicures, shopping and crafting? I think yes! I was going to have Maple Oatmeal Scones (Ina again) ready for her, but I was running behind. We ended up eating them for lunch dessert.


Then that night Michael and I cooked my pre-birthday dinner (since we're going out on the night of). We made salt-crusted steaks with an avocado and heirloom tomato salad. Here's the beautifully imperfect tomato.
I made the steaks with the Californian olive oil Michael bought me. I figured you could find it anywhere, but it's not that easy to find.
This morning, Michael presented me with hot tea and raspberry & dark chocolate pieces (Which I will blog about later), and a bamboo steamer! SO excited!
So, this means if you have any dumpling, vegetable or spring roll recipes, please pass them along! I will be using this time as soon as I can!

Also, I HAVE to put a photo of my Christmas present from Michael:


An Owl! My favorite!
My birthday has been one of the best so far. I am lucky to have so many people that love and care about me. I can't wait for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!