7.07.2011

Denton Dining

Admittedly, I work in Denton quite often, so I am forced/allowed to eat lunch there. Since I've had this job (almost a year!), I've eaten at the good, somewhat bad and a little icky in Denton.

Good:
Love Shack
I Love Sushi

Somewhat Bad:
El Guapo's (How can you compete with Rosa's?!)
Greenhouse
The Cupboard

Icky:
shall remain nameless

This post is dedicated to the winner of all food competitions for Denton dining: Chef Tim Love's Love Shack. Now, this has nothing to do with the fact that I have a Chef Crush on Tim Love, or the fact that I respect his decision for building a fab restaurant in his hometown. Never forgot his roots. Tugs on the heartstrings, huh?

No, this is about the snap of the perfectly grilled hot dog that was sliced in half then topped with Love Sauce (similar to special sauce but more Chefy). This is about the hamburgers topped with a fried quail egg, dubbed Dirty Love style. Melt.

I've had food from the Love Shack twice now, and each experience builds on the previous one. Such a great place!

I hope to continue finding great lunch spots, and bolster my love for Denton dining.


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about El Guapo's. I know it's going for that whole so-divey-it's-good thing, but to me the food is just lazy and bland.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!