11.08.2011

The Secret is Out!

Husband and I are moving to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!

On a stroke of good luck, Husband accepted a new position with his same company, at their branch just a hair north of Pittsburgh. Most of his future colleagues urged him to live in the city, and make a small commute. Sounds great to me!

So, a little about Pittsburgh. Where is that place? It's in the southwestern corner of the state of Pennsylvania, opposite from Philadelphia. Pittsburgh is seated at the convergence of three rivers: the Allegheny, the Monogahela and the Ohio. It's known as the "City of Bridges" because of it's many...bridges. It's number one industry is health care, which will be a bonus for me as I look for a new job.

Why am I so chipper about this? It stems from our honeymoon. In September 2008, Husband and I took a tour of the Northeast as our honeymoon. Slightly geeky, I know. We fell in love with the area, and knew if one of us ever got the chance to move, we would, without batting an eyelash, That time has come, and we're not looking back!

We are moving at the end of November, and are planning to go next weekend (November 17th-19th) to find an apartment. I plan to do this systematically, styled like an episode of Property Virgins or For Rent. Of course, with educational shows like those, we're experts. ;) Items on our wishlist:

1 Bedroom + Den or 2 Bedroom
1 Bathroom
Off street parking for 1 car
"Character"
In one of the following neighborhoods: Shadyside, Bloomfield, Laurenceville
Cats welcome
Via blog.jimdolanch.com

We spoke with the realtor, and she seems to think we can get everything we want and more because there's a ton available on the market. I'm hoping for most of my wishlist, but am willing to compromise!

Okay, my break is over! Back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck apartment hunting!! (ps - I'm already dreaming of coming to visit you guys. <3)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!