5.01.2008

End of Senior Year

It's finally here. The end of my time at college has arrived. I only have one final left, and then I'm free. It's a little scary considering I don't have a job yet, but I am excited as well. This gets me a little closer to being married.


I've pretty much decided to work for non-profit now. I was going to work for a big agency in north Dallas, but I don't think I will be happy. I need to feel like I'm making a difference instead of making a profit. It sounds crazy, but it makes sense to me. I applied to several places in the past couple days, so hopefully I will start hearing back from them soon.


The wedding plans are underway, and I can't wait to get back to Sherman so I can finish things up. It seems like forever away, but my last day as a Buck is in 4 months.


Also, my time in Alpha Phi Omega is over. I spoke for my last time in front of the Beta Sigma Chapter while I was giving my senior speech. I ended to speech with saying I was done forever, and it hadn't hit me until that moment that I was done. It's such a weird feeling to be done with something that was so much of your life for so long. I'm gonna be going cold turkey when I get back to Sherman. We'll see how that goes!
On the left is a picture of a small piece of my APO family, the Smalliards. The blonde is my little, Kyla and the red head is her little, Amy. AKA. We were having our last family dinner, well more like my last, at Gardski's on Broadway. We always had our String Thing dinner at ZooKini's and the regular family dinners at Gardski's. I s'pose I will be going to one as an alumnus, I hope.
Fairly soon I will be in another family: my own. A new one, that is. Michael and I will be our own family. This thought makes me smile, and I can't wait for that part of our lives. 4 months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!