8.02.2009

Cinnamon Rolls & Other Excitement

Yesterday morning I made cinnamon rolls for Michael and me - it was raining, and it seemed like a good day to make them. It took ALL morning (from 9:00am until noon), but they were excellent. I even made the cream cheese icing!



Tonight we're making a Garlic Roast Chicken (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/garlic-roast-chicken-recipe/index.html), an Ina recipe of course. We saw it on a DVRed show we missed a few days ago. (We just got a DVR...I know, we're behind with the times, but it's so neat!) We have carrots, onions, potatoes and parsnips to roast with it. It's going to be so beautiful.



This week is prep week here at the Oates apartment. It's finally here - the Family Dinner is set for this Saturday evening. I've finalized the menu - it's pretty much the same as the one I've already posted. Everyone but Jamie and Qas are coming, so it will be a full house! (10 total, I believe.) My mom told me that Qas will be in Albany visiting his father - I'm so jealous! I bet NY is so gorgeous right now! Anyway, it will still be a ton of people! I'm excited to have my family see the re-covered antique chairs and to see our apartment. Some of my family members haven't seen the apartment, and we've been living here for some time. I'll be sure to take pictures of the festivities.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could come...the meal sounds absolutely delicious. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!