4.05.2011

Back Patio Garden

For some reason, I'm giving a patio garden a shot again. This will be the third time I've tried, and I've only been minutely successful. I managed to kill gardenias, basil, sage, thyme and mums. My lime tree is the only thing I've kept alive, and it only produced 2 limes last year. Of those two limes, I only got to use one. A squirrel made off with the other one. The remaining one made a damn good cilantro-lime grilled chicken, though!

This year I mistakenly made a trip to Calloway's, where I couldn't resist the vegetable seedlings. I bought two plants:

Yellow Variety Zucchini Plant


Green Zebra Heirloom Tomato Plant

I hope they live.
I'm aiming to get one vegetable each from the plants. And for the lime tree my goal is 3 limes this year! (I'd love to have a zucchini gratin and a heirloom tomato salad with buttermilk dressing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!