1.23.2013

Leadership and Personality Types

Just when you think life is going to settle down, it ramps back up!
I've started my second semester of graduate school, and am taking one more hour/one class more than last time. It's a leadership class, so I don't imagine it will overtake my extra time - I'm really looking forward to it, actually. We had a guest speaker come in, and split us into groups for playing out scenarios for the remainder of the semester. It's like group work, but no pressure.

We also discussed our personality types, in hopes we'll be able to soon discover our leadership styles. We glazed over the DiSC assessment, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator {abbreviated similar test, free}, and even the Johari Window before settling on using the speaker's mash up of several types of assessments.

I was drawn to "The Analyst" approach to working, which is seen as practical, uses data to make logical and analytical decisions, and is skilled at finding the fatal flaw in an idea or project. The description says The Analyst values the words 'objective' and 'organized'. Other types included The 'Get It Done' person {likes to be in control, quick to express urgency}, The Nurturer {friendly, likable team player, feelings-based and trusts own emotions/intuition as truth}, and The Visionary {innovative, creative, sees the big picture, risk-taker}.

Here is a result from a very short Jung/Myers-Briggs mash up test I took:


ESTJ -  "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.
Take Free Jung Personality Test
Personality Test by SimilarMinds.com

What type of person are you?  What is your leadership style?  Have you taken any of these tests?

 - - - 

Also, it's been sub-zero here in Western PA for the past several days, snowing on and off. This is how the {ADOS} family has been spending their time at home:
Two Cats Mooses Cuddled Up

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm, fat mooses are the warmest mooses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. on that test I got ISTP.

    on longer Myers Briggs tests I've gotten INTP and INTJ with the T/P at just over 50%. This test the S was only 52.5% so it's not that far off from N.

    anywho, it says I'm an Engineer type. "Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially if they're warming up your blanket for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially when they're warming up your blanket for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's interesting - I am also straddling the line on a few of the letters. It's the Thinking/Feeling part rather than the Sensing/iNtuition or Judgement/Perceiving on your end.
    I'm not surprised you are an I, and in fact, I'm not surprised at any of your results. Perhaps there's a struggle between what you are and what you aspire to? For example, I used to be a strong "Feeling" person in my Decisions category, but I wanted to become more of a "Thinking" personality - over the years (about 5 since I last took the test), I've become a stronger T. Fascinating how your goals shape you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!