7.16.2008

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows


I finally finished it. The last Harry Potter book. It's the end of an era. I know I am a little behind, okay, a lot behind, but it's still a monument! The publishing of this book was (and is) a turing point for American culture in so many ways. Eyes were opened, people drew moral and religious lines, and children's fantasy novels were taken to a new level.


Now, after all that, let's get on to what I thought about the book. First, I am pleased with the outcome. I wish there were a few other characters with finished or more fleshed out story lines (ie. George, Draco, Cho, Hagrid, etc.) I am happy that JKR decided to "kill off" some of the good guys so there was a balence to the end, and a bittersweet feeling. Otherwise, it would have been to sugary and childish. However, I ended wanting more - but isn't that the aim of all authors? I knew there were rumors there would be an "epilouge book," but those have died down since the release of the final book. I think the final book is going to be final. We'll see how the directors finish off the series on the big screen.


On another note, I need help deciding a good song for my wedding slideshow my cousin is helping me put together. I had chosen "That's Amore" by Dean Martin, and then "A Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen, but I don't think I want either now. I am thinking I want something that's lovey but not cheesy. Difficult, I know. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!