9.24.2012

Lazy Weekend

The Husband and I had yet another lazy weekend, and it was perfect, as always.  We spent Friday night activating my new iPhone 5 {I now have a phone that works!} and chatting about how long and somewhat stress-inducing weeks we had; Then we self-medicated with leftovers and DVRed trash TV. We’re livin’ the life, I tell ya.

Saturday the self-medicating continued with a shopping outing at Ross Park Mall. We hadn’t been there in a few moons, so we hit all of our favorites for bargains and new fall clothes. It was a good thing we got a few sweaters and other warm clothes because this week we’re in for mid-60s and low-70s.

I did pick up a few books to pack into my already-full bookshelf, too. {Libra and Underworld by Don DeLillo, Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather and Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.}  I’m hoping to pick up on my reading once the weather begins to cool more, which reminds me, are we friendson Goodreads?
 That night I made a Lamb and Turnip Stew made with Guinness, and served it with black rice. This is a super-rich dish, and I usually omit most of the oil it calls for; however, sometimes you just need to make something with Icelandic lamb. If you can stop by Whole Foods and buy some this week, I’d do it! This dish is fabulously easy, especially for the huge payoff.
The next day I spent intermittently watching football {I’m in it for the food} and reading for my financial management class.  The results on both were not optimal. We lost our game and I didn’t finish my chapters or study problems.  I cleaned out my closet instead.  Pile it on to the list for this week!

How was your weekend?  Did you try any fall recipes?  Did you see/find new places? What’s on your bookshelf?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! Sometimes you just need to take it easy, relax, and enjoy a lazy weekend :) The stew sounds like a winner, though; and I'm a huge fan of lamb (and Anne Burrell)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do I love Anne Burrell. And, lamb. {But not young lamb.}
      Really, my favorite kind of weekend is one where I do a lot of nothing, spend time with my husband, and make a fancy but comforting meal one night. Perfection. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!