6.03.2013

{Over The Weekend} Pan-Roasted Chicken with Carrots and Almonds

We ended this past weekend of cleaning, baseball games and much-needed Skype dates with a chicken dish {and subsequent leftovers}. I found the recipe for Pan-Roasted Chicken with Carrots and Almonds in the May 2013 issue of Bon Appetit magazine, and the photos drew me in.
Finished Recipe
It's a good summer dish, as it marries honey and leafy tarragon with the roasting of the almonds and carrots, effectively caramelizing them. But, that caramelization all happens before you make the delicious pan sauce.
Pan, in my case, meaning cast iron skillet. The chicken simply sears in the skillet, then is tossed into the oven to finish cooking.
Look at that skin, y'all.
Everything fit onto a big platter, so we served ourselves from there. I served the chicken and carrots with herbed red potatoes. As for the two other pieces of chicken, my plans are to shred them and make Ina Garten's Chicken Veronique with extra tarragon. Wine Choice: Pinot Gris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!