5.03.2010

May May Be A Fantastic Month

Happy May, everyone!

It's been almost a month since I last posted, but I'm here with tons of updates.

Apartment: Michael and I have officially moved into our apartment as of April 22nd, and I believe we have every box unpacked now. It's such a lovely apartment! We're really enjoying eating 'al fresco' for dinner on our patio by the lake. I've gotten to take my 'Berkshire' style, as I call it, of interior decorating to the next level, and I'm planning on sewing some extra accessories to tie everything together. When I get it all finished, I will certainly take photos!

Jamie: Since she's moving back to San Francisco in mid-May, Jamie came to visit us and Mom and Dad this past week. She stayed with us at the end of the week, and we had a blast! We went to a Texas Ranger's game on Monday night, met up for a bit on Wednesday, had dinner on Thursday night, cooked yummy delicious food and drank wine on Friday night, and went to the family reunion all day Saturday. And throw in shopping here and there. It was so much fun! I am sad she's moving back, but maybe now we can visit more often.

Family Reunion: All day this past Saturday we had the Grandma Brown family reunion at the Colin County Adventure Camp. It was great to see all of the family again. We had about 50 people attend, and ate some delicious food. The winners of the appetizer and dessert contest were Jamie with her Chicken Poppers (actually a renamed Pakistani dish) and Sherrie's Lemon Cake. I think food contests are the way to go for event participation.

Job: The job front for both Michael and I has or will be changing soon. Michael just accepted a position and started working for a new company in their HR department. He is now an HR Generalist at TGGT Holdings, LLC. He's really enjoying it so far, and is excited for the career advancement. My internship with D Magazine will be ending on the 28th of May, so I'll be free as a bird! I'm still working for HPB, too, so we shall see where I go from there. It's an exciting time!


I think that's everything! So much has been going on, and I'm excited for the month of May. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Michael on his new job! (and to you for being SO CLOSE to finishing up with D and moving on to bigger things!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!