7.13.2010

Cookbookery

Recently, I've been collecting numerous cookbooks. As if I need any more. As of right now, I have more than 35 cookbooks. And I have my eyes set on more.

It was never a goal of mine to collect cookbooks. I am more of the type "if you don't use it, get rid of it!" Thus, everything in my house, and kitchen, has a use. As far as cookbooks go, I make decisions on buying a book because of it's cooking genre, chef/author, style, photos and recipe-worth. What is recipe-worth? It's about the degree of inventiveness; it's about the comfort and usefulness of learning to make an age-old standard dish; it's about the excitement of trying a twist on a favorite.


In the past few weeks, I've bought these beauties:

Dean & Deluca



Pink Adobe



Tasty Taters



Weber Grilling



Robuchon



I've only broken a few in so far. I've learned a ton about charcoal grilling, and have made barbecue hamburgers, hotdogs, onion and garlic dip, pita chips, red onion and nectarines on my kettle grill. I haven't had time to break open the others and find the perfect recipe.

Michael is going on his usual business trip at the end of this week, so I'll have Friday evening to cook for him. Any suggestions? Or should I leave it up to all the new cookbookery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!