8.14.2011

Chicago On My Mind...and My Feet

Last night after dinner Michael and I got started on planning our trip to Chicago for our third anniversary. We began by going to shoe shop for site-seeing sneakers. Yes, we each already have a pair of sneakers in our closet, but who can say no to a NEW pair, dedicated to roaming the streets of Chicago? Not this girl. So, after browsing a few stores, I decided on a pair of bright yellow and grey Puma Speeders. Michael unfortunately left empty-handed, but we still have about three weeks to go until our flight leaves.

After making a consumer-fueled purchase, we moved on to the more practical. We headed to the Half Price Books in Richardson, the one that's been recently remodeled. I'm not sure what it looked like before, but I'm glad it looks the way it does now. (Similar to the store on Northwest Highway.) We browsed the Travel section for a few minutes before finding a Moon Metro Guide. I'm usually a Lonely Planet or Frommer's type buyer, but this guide had so many detailed, laminated, fold-out maps, I had to get it. Also, it gives you an idea about which train to take to each area of town. Since we won't be renting a car this time (eek!), which we don't usually travel without, we'll be relying heavily on public transit. Sounds like an adventure to me... :)

The spoils of our journey:
Shoes and Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!