8.07.2011

Texas Dining: Chez Roux

The last week in July I went to a conference in Montgomery, Texas, on Lake Conroe. I haven't been to this area of Texas many times, mainly because it's near Houston, and not Austin or San Antonio. Along the Interstate 45 drive, there are few stops worth making, and I'd argue there aren't any to my knowledge. Some folks would argue that Buc-ee's the infamous (glorified?) gas station is worth stopping by. Not in my mind. Also, we stopped at a Texas Burger to have a bite, and I wasn't thrilled with the result.

There's a shining star in this story, however. During our trip, we ate at Chez Roux, which houses a Michelin-stared chef. Their Web site states that Chez Roux "was created by Chef Albert Roux, a revered name in the international restaurant world. Chez Roux is his first-ever American establishment and offers a contemporary French menu with heavy emphasis on local and fresh products. Chef Roux and Executive Chef Gray bring their exceptional cuisine to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa." Sounds fabulous. And it was!

Here are some photos of my food, eaten next to a wall of windows, lakeside, while the sun was setting.

Petite Fours, served with coffee.
Rooster motif. (Pardon the side view.)

My Dish



My dinner was a green salad, dressed simply; green peppercorn-glazed duck with asparagus, cheddar polenta cake and roasted peach; a malbec; and a plate of petite fours with strong coffee. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!