6.29.2012

A/C in PGH

Yes, indeed – Here we are at the weekend again, and I have to say, I’m looking forward to it. No, this is not ground-breaking, I know. I’m looking forward to this weekend because it affords me the chance to go out and buy an A/C unit. Yes, people, Husband and I have been living in the dark ages, sans air conditioning.
Before you start thinking I’m crazy, let me just tell you one detail. Our realtor, echoed by many others about town, informed us that we didn’t need A/C, and box fans would work out just fine. I see your eyebrows rising. Coming from Texas, this sounded like a dream come true. Extraordinary. The things dreams are made of. Almost too good to be true.

Incidentally, it is too good to be true. Guys, it’s 97 degrees, and RealFeel tells me it’s 102.

Am I back in the South?

It’s clear to me now that Pittsburgh’s weather is as temperamental as Texas’ is. I’d even go so far as to say it’s desert-like at times, significantly cooling after a very hot day.

Anyway, this weekend will hopefully put an end to the heat-suffering we’ve been dealing with. Here’s to looking forward to improved attitudes, better rising yeast doughs {regulated room temp!}, and guests coming over for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!