9.30.2011

Baking For a Cause: Company Bakesale!

During the fall of each year, the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas begins their annual fundraisers to support their three target areas: Education, Income and Health. I work for a United Way agency, so we do our best to raise money for them. (It's giving back, which in turn gives back to us!)

This year I've contributed two sets of items:
 Sticky Buns and Salted Caramel Popcorn Mix!

How did you guess? Yes, it's an Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) recipe. I was in a pinch, and I knew I had the main ingredient to the sticky buns on hand: puff pastry. That's right. This recipe calls for a short cut, instead of making yeast dough. With yeast dough, you have to wait for it to rise (at least once), and that can take hours.
 

One Saturday a few years ago, Husband said he wanted cinnamon rolls. I love breakfast rolls, so I happily agreed. THREE hours later, we had fresh-out-of-the-oven cinnamon rolls. I swore I'd never again bake them from scratch. Even breads don't take that long to proof!

Along the way I burnt some caramel...oops!
I had to start over!
This time, I was equipped with a short list of ingredients, and no proofing time! I did two sets: ones with chocolate chips and ones with raisins and walnuts. I hope they sell!





Salted Caramel Popcorn Mix via Everybody Likes Sandwiches


 I LOVED this recipe when I first saw it on Pinterest. It was pinned by my friend, Kendra, on one of her fabulous boards. After the popcorn set, I placed individual portions in clear plastic party cups, then covered them in clear wrap. Ready to be sold at a bakesale. Check it out! Love it. Make it!

The bakesale is today, and I'm in Denton talking to healthcare providers. Boo. I'll be missing all of the action. I'll expect a full report when I get back to work on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!