8.27.2012

A Toast

In less than 48 hours from now, I'll be sitting in my first graduate school class.  I haven't been in a classroom {to take notes and learn} for more than 4 years, but why be so detailed?  Let's just say it's been a while.

I am anxious, but ready for this long, long road. Since I'm going to school part-time, it will take me about three and a half years to complete my 60-hour program, residency included. Somewhere in the midst of all of this, I'll be working a 40+ hour week, every week.

Pursuing this degree is important to me. 

And, yes, it's completely worth the effort.

So, let's raise a glass to being a poor University student again, eating egg salad sandwiches many nights for dinner, having cocktails with new classmates who are my new competition, and keeping my nose in the books.

Get ready for public blogosphere meltdowns;

the lack of quality writing, or posts at all;

and the idea that I might be a sane person.

But, the silver lining can't be overlooked.  At the end of all of this, I will be one step closer to undeniably improving the lives of those living in this country.

Here's to GRADUATE SCHOOL!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Hag! ;) {And, thanks for the comment!}

      Delete
  2. SO PROUD OF YOU! It is amazing how far you have come from where you started four years ago. Your confidence and determination are truly inspiring. Here's to being poor grad students!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you! :) You, of all people, know that this path is worth it!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope things are going well with you, too!

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a perfect toast for the beginning
    of such an important step in your life ! I'm so
    excited for you & will be cheering you on ! ~ ~
    WEB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Undoubtedly you will be the sparkling example of how to accomplish Graduate School AND continue with life and all that encompasses. Your MO and Pop are SO proud of you! You make my heart sing!
    CAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and let's hope! I try to make y'all proud. :)

      Delete
  6. OMG! Back to school!!! You're so brave! Kudos to you and good luck! It's not easy but I have no doubt in my mind that you'll do great. We'll have to grab that coffee really soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!