8.20.2012

{Travel} The Weekender Bag

As Husband and I are starting to collect our wits about us for our upcoming trip to NYC, I've come to realize that I have a luggage dilemma.
Here's the thing: This trip will be for less than a week {surrounding a weekend}, and we're likely going to be doing a lot of walking. These two factors equal a situation where I don't have a ton of items I plan on bringing {this never happens} other than a few outfits, good walking shoes, and maybe a pair of wedges.  Most of my luggage is semi-soft sided, and rolls on wheels. 
It may just be a fascination with the actual piece of zippered perfection, but I'm in need of a Weekender Bag.



Top to Bottom: Swiss Post Satchel | Angola Weekender Bag | Canvas and Leather Weekender Bag | Florence Bag

I love them all, but my favorite is the Swiss Post Satchel by John D Aponte.  I wish they could all be mine!  I'll probably hit up a thrift store soon to tide me over!

10 comments:

  1. I like the first one too - it's original and playful (and has something undeniably English about it) so I'm game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it looked a bit English, too, but you've confirmed it!
      Too bad it's sold out...and $325!
      Thanks for your comment, Anna!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ash -
    I personally vote for the Florence Bag - looks nice, comfy, easy to handle, roomy. Is this a carry-on? Is it washable? Room to pack an extra bag for purchases on the trip - NOT that you are prone to such things......... :-)
    You are your Sissy's Sis!!!
    CAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one a lot, too, but it's around $215! Too expensive right now, especially when I can hop over to Goodwill for something in the meantime!
      Yes, it'll be a carry-on, so I don't have to worry about a thing!

      Delete
  3. I love the 4th bag, and haven't used a duffle bag in a long time. I only travel with my trolley, It's just more convenient, and good when I am running to the terminal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that bag looked like you! :)
      Really, these bags don't seem like duffles to me, because of the structure and zipper. Or, maybe that's what I'm telling myself!

      Delete
  4. I'm with you, that first one is FANTASTIC. I'm jealous of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just wish it was >$300 and sold out!
      {And, you're going to Italy, okay. I should be jealous of YOU!}

      Delete
  5. That bag is adorable! I love it for a weekender bag. It's fun.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan, too! I just wish it wasn't sold out. :/
      Thanks for your comment, Bonnie!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!