3.19.2012

Meeting Pioneer Woman...Ree Drummond!

It's been an eventful Monday. This weekend while Husband and I were in Sewickley, we stepped into the bookstore that was set to have Ree Drummond, or Pioneer Woman, to come to do a book signing. I knew she was supposed to come do a signing on her tour, but I had no idea when or where. It was unfortunate though, because it was in a small town outside of Pittsburgh, and at 4:00PM {which is during my working hours}. Husband talked me into giving it a shot, and going after work in the hopes that she's still be there. She was!
And, she brought her adorable family with her! 
I arrived at 5:30PM, and got in the LONG line. {Pittsburgh showed up for PW!} I was #246. Husband drove in from Warrendale, and joined me about 10 minutes later. As we waited, we saw the three kids skip out to get Mom a coffee at Starbucks across the street. What good kids. ;)
As we made out way to the front door, Ladd's hat came into view. 
I'm so happy to see someone I know...from TV! 
He was greeting folks and signing "his page" in the cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier {p. 152}. It was a relief to see a family member!
 We then entered back into the line:
Then, climbed up the stairs to the kid's section...
And, there she was!
I gabbed about us moving from Texoma Land to PGH, and she asked how we were liking it. I said I didn't miss the 100+ degree weather, and she said she might come join us! Such a lovely person. 
I brought out the sorority pose for this one. You only have one shot!
 {Thanks for staying HOURS after you were due at Primanti Bros., Ree! You're a trooper!}
 Hands down, best book signing! {I hope she remembers me?}

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! How awesome! That's cool that you got to meet both Pioneer Woman AND Marlboro Man!
    And they got to meet YOU! :-)
    Love,
    MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I'm so jealous you got to meet Ree and family! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your story! I just wrote about this, too- it was a great event, wasn't it? -kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, it was a great event, and on a lovely day. I'm so happy she stayed late to see all of us!

      Delete
  4. That's so cute that Marlboro Man was signing his page in the book! He wasn't at the Boston signing unfortunately, but it was still so fun to meet Ree!

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! So wonderful of her and her family to go that extra mile. I'm so jealous you got to meet her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment; I'm all ears!